Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Featured Fruit: Avocados!!


I *heart* avocados! I often use them to make guacamole (obviously) and for a creamy spread on toast with a little squeeze of lemon topped with some fresh pepper. Mmmmmmm.... Apparently, they are good for you too! In some studies they have been shown to positively effect blood serum cholesterol. They are also rich in vitamin B, have more potassium than bananas, and are loaded with fiber. Oh, and technically, they're a berry! (Oh, Wikepedia! How I love thee!!) Check out some basic avocado info here.
And if you're looking for an unusual avocado recipe, check out this avocado fudge recipe (I know, right?). I haven't tried it yet but I think it looks de-lish! To veganize the recipe, just use a vegan margarine, like Earth Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment