Friday, April 2, 2010

Slow Cookers Rule!



I am a slow cooker addict! Over the last 9 weeks, I have done nothing but cook everything in the slow cooker. I'm not sure exactly why it appeals to me, but it has definitely been my saving grace of healthy eating. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm doing less work than traditional cooking requires. Actually, I am doing less work than regular cooking requires, but it's still some work. And for this lazy vegan, that's a lot of work. :) I'm even starting to question the validity of my oven. Why do we have that thing again?

Since I've started using the slow cooker, I've used about 3 cookbooks. Lately I've been using 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Judith Finlayson. I really like the cookbook because many of the recipes are vegan and those that aren't can easily be modified. I especially like the Lentil Shepherd's Pie and the Tamale Pie with Chili Cornmeal Crust. So run out and get a slow cooker, peeps! They're fun, easy to use, and will totally clean your kitchen the minute you turn your back on them! Or not. Either way.

2 comments:

  1. Will you post a lineup pic of all of your slow cookers?

    ReplyDelete